Dr. Rajib Hazarika Coordinator, IQAC
Contact Number: 7002858581
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Pub Dikrong College was constituted on 06/02/2014. Since its formation it has been involved in maintaining quality education in different domains for the overall development of the institution. The IQAC plans institutionalization of a number of quality assurance strategies and executes them accordingly. Some these strategies at the beginning of 1st Cycle of NAAC Assessment period include the introduction of a digital classroom, computerization of Academic as well as administrative activities, setting of various departments, installation of Wi-Fi and SOUL 3.0 version, awareness program on various issues of social relevance more extension activities and outreach programs, use of ICT in classroom teaching, monthly appraisal meetings of IQAC etc.
The IQAC has devised several mechanisms to review the effectiveness of teaching learning process. Adjustment of classrooms, use of ICT in classroom teaching, increase of books in library, purchase of computer as per requirement, internet facility, running water, rain water harvesting are of the infrastructural facilities provided by the institution for maintaining quality in teaching learning process. The IQAC regularly reviews the activities carried out by different committees in the meetings of IQAC and suggest changes if required. The college has moved to its 1st cycle of accreditation by taking some quality initiative by the IQAC and implementing the successfully as well. Some of the quality initiative in the academic as well as in the administrative domain are mentioned below:
* Organizing counselling program for the newly admitted students.
* Departmental offices are setting for the convenience of administrative functions.
* Quality instruments and equipment in laboratories.
* Mandatory use of ICT in classroom teaching.
* Adequate numbers of books in the library.
* Adequate numbers of Computers in computers lab.
* Conduct class test, unit test regularly.
* Conduct of two sessional exam in one semester regularly.
* Conduct of Review meetings immediately after the declaration of results of the final examination.
* Remedial classes and special classes for the slow learners.
* Maintenance of teachers diary regularly and checked by the Principal periodically.
* Organizing various seminars and workshops departmentally.
* Organizaning more extension activities.
* Celebration of various National and International days of importance.
*Administrative Domain: *
* Decentralization of power by appointing teachers, members from the Non- teaching staff, parents, members from the local societies ect. in various decision making process.
* Timely conduct of audit of various accounts of the institution.
* Smooth conduct of all examination and timely declaration of the results of the internal examinations.
* Conduct of parents meetings regularly.
* Feedback from the students, teachers, alumni and guardians taken and analyzed and actions taken as per their suggestions.